JULES VERNE SCHOOL
“Transmedia Storytelling Learning Method”
Grade: First English
Wednesday, February 15th, 2017.
- Diferencias y similitudes culturales.
- Alebrijes por la paz.
Propósito del año: No produzco basura / Genero paz y bienestar (KiVa).
● Kids put their material in the correct place and take out homework and pencil case to be ready (10 minutes).
● We say good morning, say the date, and talk about the weather. (5 minutes)
● We do brain gym and teacher communicates the objective of the day.
● Attendance report (5 minutes)
● Number dictation (5 minutes)
- Mathematical thinking.
- World Comprehension (Social studies).
- Personal and social development (Health and career)
- Economy and technology.
- Healthy relationships.
● Skip count by 5´s and 10's to 100.
● Demonstrates awareness of the purpose of money.
● Describes strategies for dealing with common interpersonal conflicts.
TOPIC: Skip count by 5´s and 10's.
OBJECTIVE: Kids skip count by 10's forwards and backwards to 100.
FINAL PRODUCT: Numbers by 10's forwards and backwards written in Math notebook.
● Kids counts by 5´s and 10´s using tokens.
● Kids share tokens with their classmates.
● Kids count by 5's and 10's to 100.
RESOURCES: Tokens, notebook, school supplies.
1. Kids find tokens on their tables.
2. Teacher explains that they have to share tokens in each table.
3. Kids make as many sets of ten as they can on each table.
4. Kids skip count by 5's using their tokens.
5. Kids relate counting by 5's with coins of 5 pesos.
6. Kids open their books on page 133 unit 4 and complete the number sequence.
7. During the session kids may have trouble to share the tokens, so they must find a solution and share with the class.
8. Kids write numbers by 5's in math notebook.
TIME: 50 MINUTES.
1. Do page 100 of unit 4.
2. Math practice: Skip count by 2's, 5's and 10's in notebook.
3. Read in English aloud at least 10 minutes.