JULES VERNE SCHOOL
“Transmedia Storytelling Learning Method”
Grade: First English
Monday, February 27th, 2017
- Diferencias y similitudes culturales.
- Alebrijes por la paz.
Propósito del año: No produzco basura / Genero paz y bienestar (KiVa).
- Kids put their material in the correct place and take out homework and pencil case to be ready (10 minutes).
- We say good morning, say the date, and talk about the weather. (5 minutes)
- We do brain gym and teacher communicates the objective of the day.
- Attendance report (5 minutes)
- Number dictation (5 minutes)
- Spelling review words: bear, bird, dog, fish, frog, rabbit, snake, spider, turtle.
- Language arts.
- Personal and social development. (Health and career)
- Social studies.
- Oral language.
- Career and development.
- Skills and processes of social studies.
- Follows 2-step instructions to demonstrate comprehension.
- Describes personal skills and interests.
- Presents information using written, oral or visual representations.
TOPIC: Talking about ourselves.
- Self knowledge.
- Simple present.
OBJECTIVE: Kids present information about their own personal skills.
FINAL PRODUCT: At the end of the session kids will present three personal skills in a visual representation, using the vocabulary list.
- Kids talk about personal skills.
- Kids identify personal skills.
- Kids present three personal skills in simple present.
RESOURCES: Sheets of paper, colored pencils, or markers, scissors.
1. Kids share what they know about skills. What is that?
2. Kids look at the video about skills and identify them aloud.
3. Kids take a sheet of paper and fold it by the middle.
4. Kids draw one of the skills they have.
5. Kids make a drawing in the hidden part of the sheet (like a booklet).
6. Kids present two more personal skills and label them.
7. KIds that try to use simple present sentences will have an extra point.
8. Kids present their work and analyze if all have the same skills.
TIME: 60 MINUTES.
1. Write 3 times bear, bird and dog and draw.
2. Math practice in notebook.
3. Read in English aloud.