JULES VERNE SCHOOL
“Transmedia Storytelling Learning Method”
Grade: First English
Tuesday, February 28th, 2017
- Diferencias y similitudes culturales.
- Alebrijes por la paz.
Propósito del año: No produzco basura / Genero paz y bienestar (KiVa).
- Kids put their material in the correct place and take out homework and pencil case to be ready (10 minutes).
- We say good morning, say the date, and talk about the weather. (5 minutes)
- We do brain gym and teacher communicates the objective of the day.
- Attendance report (5 minutes)
- Number dictation (5 minutes)
- Spelling review words: bear, bird, dog, fish, frog, rabbit, snake, spider, turtle
- Language arts.
- Personal and social development. (Health and career)
- World comprehension. (Social studies)
- Reading and viewing.
- Healthy relationships.
- Skills and processes of social studies.
- Reads and demonstrates comprehension of grade-appropriate literary texts.
- Demonstrates an understanding of appropriate ways to express feelings.
- Presents information using oral or visual representations.
TOPIC: Developing reading comprehension skills.
- Reading comprehension skills.
OBJECTIVE: Kids listen and stay focused on a story.
FINAL PRODUCT: Kids make and answer questions about the story they heard.
- Kids make and answer questions about the story they read.
- Kids show appropriate vocabulary with their classmates during the session.
- Kids listen carefully the story and stay focus on it.
RESOURCES: A short appropriate story for 1st grade kids.
- Teacher introduces the book and shows the cover.
- Kids make predictions about the story.
- Teacher reads aloud and monitor kids attention by encouraging kids to make predictions every time that teacher turns the page .
- Kids listen to the story one more time and look at the illustrations.
- Kids retell the story to show comprehension.
- Teacher models activity by asking some questions about the story (teacher may give a pattern with WH questions on the board).
- Kids work in pairs to ask one question about the story.
- Kids illustrate the question and share in facebook.
TIME: 60 MINUTES.
1. Answer the questions about the story in your notebook, draw a picture of your answers.
2. Write 3 times vocabulary words and draw.
3. Read in English aloud, at least 10 minutes.