JULES VERNE SCHOOL
“Transmedia Storytelling Learning Method”
Grade: First English
Tuesday, February 21st, 2017.
- Diferencias y similitudes culturales.
- Alebrijes por la paz.
Propósito del año: No produzco basura / Genero paz y bienestar (KiVa).
● Kids put their material in the correct place and take out homework and pencil case to be ready (10 minutes).
● We say good morning, say the date, and talk about the weather. (5 minutes)
● We do brain gym and teacher communicates the objective of the day.
● Attendance report (5 minutes)
● Number dictation (5 minutes)
● Language arts.
● Personal and social development. (Health and career)
● World comprehension. (Social studies)
● Reading and viewing.
● Healthy relationships.
● Skills and processes of social studies.
- Reads and demonstrates comprehension of grade-appropriate literary texts.
- Demonstrates an understanding of appropriate ways to express feelings.
- Presents information using oral or visual representations.
TOPIC: Developing reading comprehension skills.
- Reading comprehension skills.
OBJECTIVE: Kids listen and stay focused on a story.
FINAL PRODUCT: Kids make and answer questions about the story they heard.
- Kids make and answer questions about the story they read.
- Kids show appropriate vocabulary with their classmates during the session.
- Kids listen carefully the story and stay focus on it.
RESOURCES: A short appropriate story for 1st grade kids.
Before starting the session, kids will finish the Lexium evaluation, following the Monday steps and the same PLO's.
1. Teacher introduces the book and shows the cover.
2. Kids make predictions about the story.
3. Teacher reads aloud and monitor kids attention by encouraging kids to make predictions every time that teacher turns the page .
4. Kids listen to the story one more time and look at the illustrations.
5. Kids retell the story to show comprehension.
6. Teacher models activity by asking some questions about the story (teacher may give a pattern with WH questions on the board).
7. Kids work in pairs to ask one question about the story.
8. Kids illustrate the question and share in facebook.
TIME: 60 MINUTES.
1. Answer the questions about the story in your notebook, draw a picture of your answers.
2. Write 3 times key, king and kite, with drawings.3. Read in English aloud, at least 10 minutes.