JULES VERNE SCHOOL
“Transmedia Storytelling Learning Method”
Grade: First English
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017.
- Diferencias y similitudes culturales.
- Alebrijes por la paz.
Propósito del año: No produzco basura / Genero paz y bienestar (KiVa).
● Kids put their material in the correct place and take out homework and pencil case to be ready (10 minutes).
● We say good morning, say the date, and talk about the weather. (5 minutes)
● We do brain gym and teacher communicates the objective of the day.
● Attendance report (5 minutes)
● Number dictation (5 minutes)
- Mathematical thinking.
- World Comprehension (Social studies).
- Personal and social development (Health and career)
- Economy and technology.
- Healthy relationships.
● Describes and uses mental mathematics strategies for the basic addition and subtraction facts to 18.
● Demonstrates awareness of the purpose of money.
● Describes strategies for dealing with common interpersonal conflicts.
OBJECTIVE: Kids use strategies for basic subtraction.
FINAL PRODUCT: Kids describe the strategy used for basic subtraction facts to 18.
● Kids counts backwards from 20 to 1.
● Kids share tokens with their classmates.
● Kids describe strategies for basic subtraction.
RESOURCES: Tokens, notebook, chalks, playground, dices.
1. Kids go to the playground with their teacher.
2. Teacher traces 4 number lines on the floor form 0 to 10.
3. Teacher divides the class in small groups.
4. Kids jump taking turns in the number lines forwards and backwards.
5. Kids should explain how counting backwards and subtraction are related.
6. Kids sit down on the floor, making 4 big circles.
7. Kids take turns throw a dice in each circle, the number up will be subtracted to a given number (no greater than 20).
8. In case that the kids can't subtract, s/he may jump in the number line and count backwards.
9. Kids go back to the classroom and take their books and work on math pages, unit 4.
10. Kids may have tokens to take apart and find the difference.
11. During the session kids may have trouble to share the tokens, so they must find a solution and share with the class.
TIME: 50 MINUTES.
1. Write 3 times lamp, lemon and lion, with drawings.
2. Math practice in notebook.3. Read in English aloud at least 10 minutes.