JULES VERNE SCHOOL
“Transmedia Storytelling Learning Method”
Grade: First English
Wednesday, March 1st, 2017
- Diferencias y similitudes culturales.
- Alebrijes por la paz.
Propósito del año: No produzco basura / Genero paz y bienestar (KiVa).
- Kids put their material in the correct place and take out homework and pencil case to be ready (10 minutes).
- We say good morning, say the date, and talk about the weather. (5 minutes)
- We do brain gym and teacher communicates the objective of the day.
- Attendance report (5 minutes)
- Number dictation (5 minutes)Spelling review words: bear, bird, dog, fish, frog, rabbit, snake, spider, turtle
- Mathematical thinking.
- World Comprehension (Social studies).
- Personal and social development (Health and career)
- Economy and technology.
- Healthy relationships.
- Describes and uses mental mathematics strategies for the basic addition and subtraction facts to 18.
- Demonstrates awareness of the purpose of money.
- Describes strategies for dealing with common interpersonal conflicts.
OBJECTIVE: Kids use strategies for basic subtraction.
FINAL PRODUCT: Kids describe the strategy used for basic subtraction facts to 18.
- Kids counts backwards from 20 to 1.
- Kids share tokens with their classmates.
- Kids describe strategies for basic subtraction.
RESOURCES: Tokens, notebook, chalks, playground, dices.
- Kids go to the playground with their teacher.
- Teacher traces 4 number lines on the floor from 0 to 10.
- Teacher divides the class in small groups.
- Kids jump taking turns in the number lines forwards and backwards.
- Kids should explain how counting backwards and subtraction are related.
- Kids sit down on the floor, making 4 big circles.
- Kids take turns throw a dice in each circle, the number up will be subtracted to a given number (no greater than 20).
- In case that the kids can't subtract, s/he may jump in the number line and count backwards.
- Kids go back to the classroom and take their books and work on math pages, unit 4.
- Kids may have tokens to take apart and find the difference.
- During the session kids may have trouble to share the tokens, so they must find a solution and share with the class.
TIME: 50 MINUTES.
1. Math practice in notebook
2. Read in English aloud at least 10 minutes.